Thread: There and back again, a neverending tale.

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by Le Messor View Post
    I finished it over the weekend. Enjoyed it!
    All-in-all, I got a little worried when it ended in a bar and Copacobana started playing...
    Hah! Well, the song is a reference to WAY back in Season One when the heroes first enter the town of Galana (Episode 05), and Peter begins singing that song, "I knew a Girl, from Galana, the things that she could do..." We were originally going to actually sing the lyrics (there's a full set of Lyrics to that song we made up) to the Copacabana music.

You endured the original versions - I have been re-filming in 1080p HD (and I've learned much more since I originally made this series!)

But so glad you liked it! Was an absolutely blast to make - and one of the VERY few creative endeavors that I began - and finished! The series means SO much to my heart - which is why I came back to it, and decided to do it in 1080p HD - to give it a clean look. (And ideally, make DVDs!)

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Tawmis View Post
    Hah! Well, the song is a reference to WAY back in Season One when the heroes first enter the town of Galana (Episode 05), and Peter begins singing that song, "I knew a Girl, from Galana, the things that she could do..." We were originally going to actually sing the lyrics (there's a full set of Lyrics to that song we made up) to the Copacabana music.
    Oh! That song! It kept coming up throughout. I thought it was based on The Girl From Iphanema, because the title sounded similar.

You endured the original versions - I have been re-filming in 1080p HD (and I've learned much more since I originally made this series!)
    Meh. I've endured worse on...
    I was going to say this computer, but actually, on my last computer (I replaced it earlier this year).

But so glad you liked it! Was an absolutely blast to make - and one of the VERY few creative endeavors that I began - and finished!
    Yeah, finishing is always the hard part - I always say, pick one, stick to it. Creative types keep thinking of new things to create, and we need to learn to stop letting that distract us.

~ Le Messor
    "Hard work has a future payoff. Laziness pays off NOW."
    ~ Bumper Sticker

Oh! That song! It kept coming up throughout. I thought it was based on The Girl From Iphanema, because the title sounded similar.
    Hah - no, had never heard of that song before? (But then, honestly, if it's outside of Heavy Metal, Kenny Rogers {my father's influence}, Julio Igleasas {mother's influence} or Michael Jackson - there's a good chance I may not know it. Or at least not by title alone.

Yeah, finishing is always the hard part - I always say, pick one, stick to it. Creative types keep thinking of new things to create, and we need to learn to stop letting that distract us.
    That is the current bane of my writing existence...

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Hah - no, had never heard of that song before? (But then, honestly, if it's outside of Heavy Metal, Kenny Rogers {my father's influence}, Julio Igleasas {mother's influence} or Michael Jackson - there's a good chance I may not know it. Or at least not by title alone.
    The most famous version, I believe, is Sinatra - YouTube it; you'll probably know it when you hear it.

It's a similar general genre / period to Copacobana.