Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: There and back again, a neverending tale.

Default There and back again, a neverending tale.

So back in 2004 (November) - my friend and I began a trek of creating a Neverwinter Nights machinima series called Neverending Nights - and much to our surprise, found folks who enjoyed the madness we had created. The series concluded after 65 episodes (ending in Jan 2013).

I have bounced back and forth with returning to the series and beginning a new adventure - but a lot of the original actors have long since moved out of San Diego. (And I dislike recording over Skype or other means; when it's not a controlled environment where it's very quiet), because several episodes suffered because of it (in terms of audio).

Well, the other day - someone had mentioned that the series is still pretty fun - but pretty rough at 800x600 resolution when they expand it to full screen (it blurs horrible and pixelates).

So then I thought - why don't I re-film the entire series and do what I can to "fix" the audio (as much as possible; in some cases, there's just going to be no helping it, for example when some lines were recorded by someone who lived on the other side of the US and recorded their lines on an iPhone).

Here is the original Episode 01:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3LXflc9np4

And here is the re-filmed 1080p (true HD) version:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Wr4-u9-zw0

I plan on re-releasing each episode every Saturday (for the next 65 Saturdays, as time permits).

If you enjoyed the new HD version; please share it and help get the word out. I'd GREATLY appreciate it.

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

That's pretty fun. I'm about half an hour into it.
    (Grapes grow on vines!!!! )

Quote Originally Posted by Le Messor View Post
    That's pretty fun. I'm about half an hour into it.
    (Grapes grow on vines!!!! )
    OH! You're watching them! Just stick to the HD 1080p versions. The older ones are pretty bad quality...

Episode 05: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BdM8...mZ1lOZ&index=5

Episode 06: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PUO_...mZ1lOZ&index=6

Episode 07: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bytt...mZ1lOZ&index=7

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Tawmis View Post
    Just stick to the HD 1080p versions.
    I found the one that seems to be the whole thing all at once. (I'm sorry - I haven't had a chance to get back to it since that last post.)

I found the one that seems to be the whole thing all at once. (I'm sorry - I haven't had a chance to get back to it since that last post.)
    Ugh! Avoid those. Stick with the 1080p HD. The whole thing was the original recording/video with a crappy resolution. LOL

Images

Warning noted!

Images

This show kicks rocks!

I've just figured out how many of your titles are riffs on song names.

Hee hee... I still call Mountain Dew 'crab juice' because of that Simpsons episode.
    Last edited by Le Messor; 04-03-2016 at 01:37 AM.

This show kicks rocks!
    I've just figured out how many of your titles are riffs on song names.
    Hee hee... I still call Mountain Dew 'crab juice' because of that Simpsons episode.
    There's a lot of little references I did like that (where the titles of the episodes are references to a song, movie, or even a quote). And the episodes themselves are full of all kinds of references as well.

Forgot to post updates here...

Episode 08 in 1080p HD - Our would be heroes have found the city of Stonefrost, and now need to find an "armorer"...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ovs8...sgDrrFO3mZ1lOZ

Episode 09 - Now that they have found an armorer, they need to replace their weapons as well...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NmyZ...se&spfreload=5

And fresh off the press, Episode 10 in 1080p HD - Now with weapons and armor, Peter and Grayson have headed out into the wild and met up with their buddy, Pawl the Dorf... What could go wrong?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N2Nq...&nohtml5=False

When we originally released this episode "back in the day" - it was a fan favorite. So much so that we would eventually implement the three goblins into the story much more...

Episode 11 - HD - Deep, Dark, Revenge

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FVgO...sgDrrFO3mZ1lOZ

Images

I finished it over the weekend. Enjoyed it!

All-in-all, I got a little worried when it ended in a bar and Copacobana started playing...

I finished it over the weekend. Enjoyed it!
    All-in-all, I got a little worried when it ended in a bar and Copacobana started playing...
    Hah! Well, the song is a reference to WAY back in Season One when the heroes first enter the town of Galana (Episode 05), and Peter begins singing that song, "I knew a Girl, from Galana, the things that she could do..." We were originally going to actually sing the lyrics (there's a full set of Lyrics to that song we made up) to the Copacabana music.

You endured the original versions - I have been re-filming in 1080p HD (and I've learned much more since I originally made this series!)

But so glad you liked it! Was an absolutely blast to make - and one of the VERY few creative endeavors that I began - and finished! The series means SO much to my heart - which is why I came back to it, and decided to do it in 1080p HD - to give it a clean look. (And ideally, make DVDs!)

Images

Hah! Well, the song is a reference to WAY back in Season One when the heroes first enter the town of Galana (Episode 05), and Peter begins singing that song, "I knew a Girl, from Galana, the things that she could do..." We were originally going to actually sing the lyrics (there's a full set of Lyrics to that song we made up) to the Copacabana music.
    Oh! That song! It kept coming up throughout. I thought it was based on The Girl From Iphanema, because the title sounded similar.

You endured the original versions - I have been re-filming in 1080p HD (and I've learned much more since I originally made this series!)
    Meh. I've endured worse on...
    I was going to say this computer, but actually, on my last computer (I replaced it earlier this year).

But so glad you liked it! Was an absolutely blast to make - and one of the VERY few creative endeavors that I began - and finished!
    Yeah, finishing is always the hard part - I always say, pick one, stick to it. Creative types keep thinking of new things to create, and we need to learn to stop letting that distract us.

~ Le Messor
    "Hard work has a future payoff. Laziness pays off NOW."
    ~ Bumper Sticker

Oh! That song! It kept coming up throughout. I thought it was based on The Girl From Iphanema, because the title sounded similar.
    Hah - no, had never heard of that song before? (But then, honestly, if it's outside of Heavy Metal, Kenny Rogers {my father's influence}, Julio Igleasas {mother's influence} or Michael Jackson - there's a good chance I may not know it. Or at least not by title alone.

Yeah, finishing is always the hard part - I always say, pick one, stick to it. Creative types keep thinking of new things to create, and we need to learn to stop letting that distract us.
    That is the current bane of my writing existence...