Thread: A Reason For Alpha Flight

Hybrid View

How's about an Alpha Flight Forever mini by Byrne picking up from his last issue?

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    How's about an Alpha Flight Forever mini by Byrne picking up from his last issue?
    That'd be really cool, if we could get him writing / drawing like he did back then.

- Le Messor
    "Hang up and drive."

I would buy that so fast, and so often!

I haven't read all the replies so if I write something that has been writen before let me know.

I believe that Alpha has the same probloms as Excalibure dose that they are not in the US and only seems to last as a novalty. This book needs a kick ass writer and artest that will stay on the book for along time. When Byrne did the book it wasn't always a team, they break off as individuals and as smaller groups of 2 or 3. The original line up was so rich in diversities with the individuals that had fantastic back stories. The team was a cross section of the MU: Guardian is tech (Iron Man) Snowbird is a God (Thor) North Star & Aurora are mutans (X-Men) Merina is a swimmer (Sub Mariner) Shaman is magic (Dr. Strange) Sasquatch the powerhouse (Hulk) Puck the agile one (Spider Man/ Dare Devil) After issue #50 vol I the new charaters added were not very good at all, or lacked the charm of their predisesors.

If this book will ever be succesful again they 1 tone down the Canadian patritizum 2 have more intersting charaters like the original line up 3 have a kick ass writer and artist 4 stop the Canadian goverment's involvment with the team. If I wanted to see a fedral inqury I'd watch CPAC.

I'd be a little wary to be honest. Firstly, I'd be wondering who was holding the gun to his head to get him working with Marvel again. Byrne's run on Alpha Flight is still my favorite of his work, right up there with his Uncanny X-Men run, but he's never had much good to say about it. Paying work is paying work, of course, but I prefer creators to have some enthusiasm about the project they're tackling.