Thread: Skottie Young covers

Hybrid View

Skottie Young is an amazing "cartoonist" - because his art looks like cartoons to me.

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Tawmis View Post
    Skottie Young is an amazing "cartoonist" - because his art looks like cartoons to me.
    Sure; that's the point of it. I think it's cute and like it for one-offs and covers; I wouldn't want to read a mainstream superhero title by him.
    Which would totally have happened in the 90s - a Grim, Serious series with extremely dark colours and his art.

I don't remember his Sas off the top of my head, though. And I am heartily sick of every title and its dog* having variant covers.

Gah! Every time I go to write 'cover' I write 'colour' instead and have to backtrack!

* Actually, I've been assuming Neal Adams' Action Lab cover is a variant, but I'm not so sure.

~ Le Messor
    "He had just enough intelligence to open his mouth when he wanted to eat, but certainly no more."
    ~ P.G. Wodehouse, Barmy in Wonderland

Quote Originally Posted by Le Messor View Post
    Sure; that's the point of it. I think it's cute and like it for one-offs and covers; I wouldn't want to read a mainstream superhero title by him.
    Say... like New Warriors?.... -sigh-