Thread: So, What Ya Reading?

Hybrid View

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

I recently went through a Marvel crisis, where I realised that I didn't want to quit reading Marvel, but they weren't producing anything (from 616) that I wanted to read.

I ended up with Avengers Academy. (I looked at X-Factor and Wolverine and the X-Men, but couldn't bring myself to read anything with an X on the cover, because I don't want to buy 15 books a month so I can read 12 books a year. - But the X-Factor is Peter David, so probably good, and I've heard nothing but good about Wolverine and the X-Men. You may want to look into them.)

I'm reading Dark Tower and Buffy (and spin-offs), though I've gone to trade-waiting on all these. (And The Stand, but the final HC should be coming out soon.)

From the New 52 I surprised myself by picking up two titles: Green Arrow (which, yes, I started for the AF homage, but I enjoyed it and kept it up) and JLI, which I've also been liking.

Mostly, though, the best place I can think of to find comics I like is the past.
    I just got a couple of The Incredible Hulk Visionaries: Peter David trades, and an original Geffen / DeMatteis JLI hc from a sale (really liked the Hulk, haven't got to the JLI yet), and have been getting mixed results from Marvel Premiere Classics. (They're all over the place, of course, but there's been a lot to enjoy - they seem to be doing most of the West Coast Avengers, for example.)
    I'm after the first two New Mutants Classics, and all the Power Pack Classics (waiting for #4 to be published on that one).
    ... and the New Teen Titans omnibi...

I've been hearing good things about Frankenstein: Agent Of FEAR.

- Le Messor
    "If it doesn't matter, it doesn't matter."
    Last edited by Le Messor; 03-18-2012 at 03:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Le Messor View Post
    I ended up with Avengers Academy. (I looked at X-Factor and Wolverine and the X-Men, but couldn't bring myself to read anything with an X on the cover, because I don't want to buy 15 books a month so I can read 12 books a year. - But the X-Factor is Peter David, so probably good, and I've heard nothing but good about Wolverine and the X-Men. You may want to look into them.)
    Le Messor, check out the recent issues of X-Factor. I hadn't read X-Factor since 1998. Saw that Havok and Polaris who are two of my favorite X-Men were rejoining the team, so I bought issues 230 - 232. Enjoyed the They Keep Killing Madrox arc so much I went and bought issues 224.1 - 229 to get the whole story. Peter David can still write humorous, captivating stories.

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    Peter David can still write humorous, captivating stories.
    Yes, I've always enjoyed his work.

I've only got a couple of his earlier issues of X-Factor, but I really liked them.

- Le Messor
    "My brother in the FBI is always telling me about his cases. Like this girl they found. Dead. Wrapped in Plastic."
    ~ Val COOPER, Peter David's X-Factor