Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
Why is it stupid though?
What's wrong with young female readers having a big three Avenger they can look up to?
Eric Masterson has been Thor, Beta-Ray Bill has been Thor, hell, a Frog has been Thor. Why can't a woman become Thor?

We all know it'll be reversed by the time Avengers 2 is in theatres so why not enjoy the storyline if it's good. Or y'know, actually wait and see if it is before calling it stupid?

My point was, people are calling the rumours of cancelling (or halting, stopping, or momentarily ceasing, or ultimately changing) the X-Men comics Stupid...things Marvel would never do. Yet here are examples of huge changes coming, ones which people would never have believed would be happening, yet here they are.

My comment was more about those who call the rumours of what is coming Stupid.

And I don't necessarily think that changing Cap and Thor is a Bad Thing, not at all. Actually, I don't collect those titles (or any Marvel titles), so I couldn't care less. Heck, at this point, I am all for it! It is a 'plot' that Marvel has come up with, one to freshen up stories, and to sell more merch...which should indeed be expected of them. In the same way, whatever change comes to the X-Men comic franchise, will be done with the same thoughts in mind - and I likely won't think THAT is Stupid, either.