Well, against my better judgement, i let the guy at my LCS pull me into this six-issue mini-series.

I'm reading it.

I'm hating it.

It isn't entertainment. It isn't even really a superhero story, it is some black and dark sci-fi epic full of Marvel back-pounding and blowhardedness.

I wouldn't let a child or even a teen read it. Not to worry though, as none of them would touch it. As an adult, i cannot make much sense of it. There is no sense of wonder, no right and wrong, no...joy.

There's just nothing.

It is like reading a science manual, with pictures; only, a science manual that is completely made up with false facts, so you can't even learn anything if you try to.

Builders, destroyers, worlds perishing, millions being slaughtered...this is SO not what i want to read for "entertainment". What happened to good versus evil, on a scale that real people can actually recognize? What was wrong with heroes taking down thugs who've robbed liquor stores and such? Why pollute our minds with this new, inane dribble?

The only thing more disturbing than the story itself, may be the sick minds that created it.

At this point, i feel DIRTY for even having touched this series. Embarrassed that i gave money to the creators of it. Sick to my stomach, knowing that this is now what passes for entertainment in the minds of those at Marvel.

Even though i am enjoying Marvel's new Fearless Defenders series, i am now considering quitting it as well, just so that i can be done with Marvel once and forever. This mini-series has turned me off, to THAT degree.

Utter crap, and joyless tripe. Those are the nicest things I can say about it.

Let me just say, there are a lot of companies and comics out there that are doing it right, that still have that old-time feel to them. NONE of them are put out by Marvel, and few by DC. Go do a little digging and find these hidden gems, enlighten yourselves to the joy that can still be found in some comic books...and stay far away from crap like this.