The other thread name, "Iron Jerk" keeps bothering me everytime I see it come up. So, since I finally realized what that A on Cap's face mask really stands for, I thought I'd make a counter-thread.

Why is Cap an arsehole?

Well, he is the poster-boy and facilitator of anonymous vigilanteism. He and his covet a right to anonymity under the smoke screen of the "right to privacy", believe that "right" should be extended to anyone self-righteous enough to act as judge and jury, and tacitly condone the mindless negligence of the vigilianteism who are as much to blame for the Stamford Incident (or any other super vs. super violence that has cliamed innocent life) as Nitro.

Furthermore, when his "fellow" heroes express any doubt about the righteousness of the Anti-Reg cause, clearly exercising their freewill and freedom of thought, he accuses them of not knowing a thing about freedom... using it like a politician for rhetorical purposes.

And really, what has Cap and his crew actually done to affect a change in the law? They do nothing to oppose the worst particualrs of the SRA, and do everything to undermine the best and most valid points of the SRA.

Thus why that A clearly stands for Arsehole. I know, I know, some might say that that is synonomous with "America", but when was the last time we saw mass exoduses out of the US or any other West multi-national state and into other countries?

Our resepective systems are the best the Earth has to offer, and allow for laws to be challenged, amended and even overturned. So, unless Cap plans on toppling the system and replacing it with something better -- and IMO anarchy is hardly better -- maybe he should at least support the system... or at least come up with a plan to affect change from within the system.

Hmmm... Cap. Anarchy? Cap. Arsehole? Either or I guess.

Not that Iron Man isn't acting a jerk himself, but Cap is acting quite the foolish jerk as well.