Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Bendis on Cancelling X-Men Titles

Doh! I didn't look at the date. Whoops

So I am now, more convinced than ever, (especially with "Extraordinary X-Men") that my thought process (almost a year ago to the day!) is still correct.
    Marvel is going to be doing away with Mutants and probably making them "Inhumans" or an off shoot of Inhumans.
    http://alphaflight.net/showthread.ph...ll=1#post96813

I posted about this idea when I learned what the core concept of Extraordinary X-Men was about:
    http://comicreliefpodcast.com/archives/363

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Tawmis View Post
    Marvel is going to be doing away with Mutants and probably making them "Inhumans" or an off shoot of Inhumans.
    If so, I hope it backfires on them. Trying to force popularity is something that shouldn't work, in my book.

~ Le Messor
    "Anger is a more noble emotion than indifference."
    ~ quoted or originated by Terry Rossio

Quote Originally Posted by Tawmis View Post
    If that were the case then every mutant would have gone.
    It's more akin to after House Of M when they decimated the mutant population.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    If that were the case then every mutant would have gone.
    It's more akin to after House Of M when they decimated the mutant population.
    Well what I mean, they're going to say the "mutant" gene is due to the Inhuman genes within humans. So they will do away with the terminology of calling them "Mutants" and just call them "Inhumans."

Surely that would have to effect every single mutant though? The gene wouldn't be able to pick and choose which mutants are and aren't Inhuman?

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    Surely that would have to effect every single mutant though? The gene wouldn't be able to pick and choose which mutants are and aren't Inhuman?
    Well, my thinking is "mutants" are an offshoot of the Inhumans. Like they have a "tainted" version of the Inhuman gene. Sort of like pure-breds and what not. You can have a pure breed horse (read pure blood Inhuman), and have that horse breed with a donkey (read human) and come out with a mule (read mutant). It has the horse's gene (Inhuman), but isn't a pure Inhuman.

This way, Marvel can say, "The Marvel Universe doesn't have mutants. They're an off shoot of Inhumans. Screw you FOX Studios!"