Quote Originally Posted by Flightpath07 View Post
My point was, people are calling the rumours of cancelling (or halting, stopping, or momentarily ceasing, or ultimately changing) the X-Men comics Stupid...things Marvel would never do.
Changing is totally different though.

The thread title specifically says the word 'Cancelling' which is ludicrous.

There have been X-Men titles since 1963.

Even when the title wasn't publishing new stories it reprinted old issues and thus there were X-titles.
Even when the Age of Apocalypse were on there were X-titles.

X-titles practically got Marvel through bankruptcy in the 90's.

If you took out every X-title in the Top 300 Marvel would seriously lose their marketshare and not make a profit.

Yet here are examples of huge changes coming, ones which people would never have believed would be happening, yet here they are.
Changes are not 'Cancelling' though - There will still be a Thor title and a Captain America title.

My comment was more about those who call the rumours of what is coming Stupid.
You're the only one that's used the word stupid though.
Panicking that the sky is falling or prematurely dancing on Marvel's grave based on unsubstantiated rumours of 'Cancelling' X-titles is pointless.
If we get an official press release from Marvel saying that the X-Titles have been 'cancelled' then people can deal with it (and you can fully rub this thread in my face)

In the same way, whatever change comes to the X-Men comic franchise, will be done with the same thoughts in mind - and I likely won't think THAT is Stupid, either.
Then I'm really lost as to what your point is.

The whole thing stemmed from rumours regarding the Fantastic Four title.
Fantastic Four is a different beast; it's less profitable and it's one single title.
I can totally see another FF situation or a Heroes Reborn situation; but again that's a change, not a cancellation.
However I admit cancellation could be possible for that particular title based solely on money.

The X-titles won't be cancelled.
Changed, is a possibility; and I've never disagreed with that.

Even if the only X-titles are ones without the word "X-Men" (ie. Cyclops, Storm, X-Factor, whatever...) there will still be X-titles.

Wolverine, even in death hasn't been cancelled; there are at least a year's worth of books with Wolverine in the title coming out while he's dead.