Thread: GingrBeard's Fan Art

Hybrid View

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Please take this as constructive criticism, but I agree with Rob. I'd also look at Alpha #43 - don't copy it, but be inspired by it - for ideas of how to get characters as big as Sentinels to interact with characters the size of, say, Northstar.

I might look at putting a more suspenseful speech bubble on the cover. The one you've got reminds me of AF (original series) #1, and that's cool - but that probably won't work on the Toronto X-Men. Try something that makes the heroes look like they're in danger.

Please note: we're being critical (again, constructively, I hope) because this is for a competition, and:
    We want you to WIN!

Also, more Alphans!

~ Le Messor
    "Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it."

Guardian First Flight
    Images

Thank you! Thank you! I'm an artist, I can take constructive criticism and even some advice and I thank you for all of it.

Some things are meant to be how they are, like the Sentinel not being scary. It's supposed to look like he's calling for help or is just dying slowly and pathetically. The sad expression and the out stretched arm indicates that for me and is further emphasized by the foregrounds characters lack or worrying and Cyclops saying that Storm's got it. The buildings? I used a ruler on the straight edges and fudged the perspective a bit. I'm new to drawing buildings and structures in general. I am more of a character kind of guy. Lately, I've decided to kick my own ass into doing bigger, better things and this is the result. This is the baby, the first steps to getting better. I am taking on buildings, large characters and multiple characters in one scene. The perspective on the lit up building on the left is off. The lights don't follow it correctly, instead they keep to the same view all of the way down the building and I know that when I drew it. Something to work on for next time. Hopefully there won't be a dead line. Another issue I know exists is that building in between Cyclops, Guardian and the sentinel. I didn't add windows so it just kind of looks awkward. Next time, I'll remove anything like that and clear a line of sight and see how that works.

Honestly, I don't think I'll win because there are a few people who actually go to school for this stuff who are entering but it isn't about winning for me, it's about having an excuse to push myself a little more. Thanks for the advice guys.