Page 39 of 48 FirstFirst ... 29353637383940414243 ... LastLast

Thread: Some Alpha Flight appearances

Hybrid View

Heh, that story was actually written by Seanen McGuire.

I messaged her on twitter and she confirmed it IS Aurora: https://twitter.com/seananmcguire/st...91738326163459

Apologies for doubting you!

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Phil, healthy skepticism is always… healthy. Especially when I've said myself I haven't read the issue.

-K-M- - thanks to my friend for catching it and alerting me.

~ Le Messor
    "I'm an imbecile and I vote"
    ~ Bumper Sticker

S

P

O

I

L

E

R

S

There's a blink and you'll miss it appearance by one of the twins' hip in today's History Of The Marvel Universe #6 - the side the starburst is on the uniform suggests it's Aurora, but the stance is slightly more Northstar, and having him would make more sense as he's a bigger character.

Not quite an appearance, but tangentially connected:

Yesterday's King Thor #4 - Jason Aaron's final Thor issue had a splash page by Aaron Kuder, which appeared to have a Viking-Thor era team consisting of a Sasquatch weidling the Eye of Agamotto

I asked Jason on twitter if it was Tanaraq or just a Sasquatch and he answered:

Hmmm, definitely looks like a Squatch to me. There are lots of bits in KING THOR #4 that point back to stories I've done & questions I've left unanswered. Or forward to stories I wanna do. Or both.
    https://twitter.com/jasonaaron/statu...37559204331526

Jason has shown his AF fandom by making Puck the ruler of Hell, and showing Walt as a tutor at the future JGS, and has also used other non-Walt Sasquatches in his Hulk run.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	EMGVFbbWsAIlQcl.jpg 
Views:	172 
Size:	2.27 MB 
ID:	6332  

Going back to my King Thor post a few up ^

Re-reading back, Mighty Thor #7 had a cave painting of the Tanaraq:

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    Going back to my King Thor post a few up ^Re-reading back, Mighty Thor #7 had a cave painting of the Tanaraq:
    Sorcerer Supreme Sasquatch appears in Avengers #38 fighting Apocalypse and his army. I see you mention it’s Tanaraq. Where did they say it was him and not just a random Sasquatch looking character?

Quote Originally Posted by -K-M- View Post
    Sorcerer Supreme Sasquatch appears in Avengers #38 fighting Apocalypse and his army. I see you mention it’s Tanaraq. Where did they say it was him and not just a random Sasquatch looking character?
    It hasn't been confirmed as such; just trying to differentiate between whoever it is and our Sasquatch.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    Not quite an appearance, but tangentially connected:Yesterday's King Thor #4 - Jason Aaron's final Thor issue had a splash page by Aaron Kuder, which appeared to have a Viking-Thor era team consisting of a Sasquatch weidling the Eye of Agamotto I asked Jason on twitter if it was Tanaraq or just a Sasquatch and he answered:https://twitter.com/jasonaaron/statu...37559204331526Jason has shown his AF fandom by making Puck the ruler of Hell, and showing Walt as a tutor at the future JGS, and has also used other non-Walt Sasquatches in his Hulk run.
    It’s revealed in Avengers #61 the characters name it Murkfoot, the apeman mystic. The Sasquatch Sorcerer Supreme. Womp womp

Quote Originally Posted by -K-M- View Post
    It’s revealed in Avengers #61 the characters name it Murkfoot, the apeman mystic. The Sasquatch Sorcerer Supreme. Womp womp
    Just the one page as seen in the preview...Though we've seen him on the Hitch cover to Avengers Assemble #1 so imagine he'll be back.

Images

At first I thought that person in front of Squatch looked like Shaman, but then I figured it's a woman.

Possible Master of the World appearance in Ruins Of Ravencroft - Dracula. Just one panel and takes place in 1918

Images

Shouldn't he still have been under the ice?
    Or was he fighting Frankenstein's monster?
    Or Kate Bush?
    Or was he here in Canberra? I'll keep an eye out.

~ Le Messor
    "When you're on top of the world, you should remember it turns over every twenty-four hours."
    ~ Tamie Fraser

Yep should have been in the ice. He was a “patient” in Ravencroft so could have been someone who lost their mind. But details were very specific to Master of the World

I must have skim-read and missed that panel in the preview!
    Nicely spotted.