I had fun at Wizard World Philadelphia yesterday! There were some Alpha Flight artists there and also the incredibly beautiful Marina Sirtis and lots of other celebs. TONS of guys and gals walking around in costume, what a blast! There was this one guy in a garish but excellent Deadpool costume who got quite a bit of attention. He was carrying a big gun of course, and posing for pictures with the gun pointed at the subject's head, even the kids! The kids were begging the Deadpool guy to put the gun against their head and the parents were all, "ok hold still, great picture!!!" Amazing.

I picked up a few comics, too, some of these items are not listed in the appearance forum on this site, so I'll mention them here.

Marvel Fun and Games Magazine #12 from Aug 1980! There's a page with a word search in the shape of Canada and there are little Alpha Flight heads along with Wolverine. This is listed as *unconfirmed* on the site, but I can confirm it.

West Coast Avengers Annual #1 1986 - Puck and Heather appear in flashback to Avengers #272/Alpha Flight #39-40.

Codename: X-Men #1 - Mac and Snowbird appear on some computer monitors

Dark Angel #6 - Published by Marvel UK, a cameo of Guardian (thanks to a little bird who told me about this... quit lurking and join the board already, little bird!!!)

X-Men Universe #1 - a past, present, future comic about the X-Men, published in 1995, with a team pic of the v2 team and an image of the cover of UXM #109 (Weapon Alpha)

Giant Size Captain Marvel #1 - Marrina appears in leviathan form fighting Captain Marvel (remember Avengers #293?)

Marvel Age #78 - preview of Giant Size Captain Marvel #1

ROM #61 and #62 - with cameo appearances from Sasquatch and Snowbird! (thanks again, little bird)

Marvel Superheroes Winter Special #8 - Sasquatch appears in a pin-up

Wolverine Saga #4 - From 1990, some appearances of AF from issues #33 and #34

Universe X Omnibus - Pencil sketch of Shaman, used in a scene in Universe X #4. It's the back of his head but it's still cool.

Quasar #39 - Sasquatch's feet can be seen, an Infinity War crossover, a very tiny cameo

and two comics already mentioned on this site:

Justice Machine #4 from Comico - already mentioned here

Punisher Kills the Marvel Universe (1st printing) - this was the nicest find, Garth Ennis was there too, signing, but I was too late to get into the very very long line. Oh, well, next show I'll snag him.

I also picked up the entire 7 issue Legion Quest cross over (prequel to Age of Apocalypse) for a grand total of $3.50, less than it costs for a new comic these days... as well as some Marvel Age issues with Alpha Flight in them, some BSG75 stuff and better condition copies of comics I already own. Also I ate a cheesesteak sandwich. Yum!

Love,
rplass