Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: DC Figures

Default DC Figures

I didn't pick up the Marvel version, but this looks good.

Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

I have quite a few of the Marvel figures. A very few aren't so good, a few I don't care about the characters, but most are outstanding. Guardian is coming up, we found out last week.

I don't know what they are thinking with the paint job, it doesn't look like any Canadian flag I've ever seen.

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

What is this?
    Looks kinda like heroclicks.

And, honestly, I don't like the Guardian. I don't think I'll get it. (But that other guy does look great.)

- Le Messor
    "Failed bar exam with relatively high grades."
    - Alleged actual resumé

Not to sure about the Guardian figure myself, but having got the first two DC figures I now feel the urge to subscribe and pick up the Marvel figures. I picked up the Superman figure yesterday and he looks so good next to Batman. Pretty impressive and the magazine is a good read with relevant facts and info.
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

These are really addicting, just a warning!

Here are the two threads going on at the Byrne forum; you can see the figurines getting their hooks into several people, including yours truly.

Marvel

DC

It's true what you say about addictive, I've only had the two figures so far and can hardly wait for the next. The Joker looks to be something special. As to the thread at Byrne Robotics, I've been following the thread since I first saw the advert. I seem to be having the same problem as one of the members, I signed up for a subscription, got a confirmation e-mail and then a letter. Since then sod all, that's why I'm picking up the issues from the newsagent, just in case.
    Del

There are too many figures I don't want for me to deal with a subscription, even if it were offered in the US. Unfortunately though, these little guys aren't too easy to find in local stores, and I have 5 comic shops within 20 minutes of my work or home. I'd love to have a Forbidden Planet-type place to shop, with several of each issue available.

Here's a size comparison to a Bowen bust and a couple of Heroclix. The detail on these figurines is outstanding.

Heh, love how you have the Forum open up behind the statuettes, Ryan Great background for your figures.
    Allan 'HappyCanuck' Crocker

"Hey... Philosophers love wisdom, not mankind."
    - Stephen Pastis, Pearls Before Swine

Got my first delivery yesterday. The packaging was bent out of shape, two mags, 'Batman' & 'Superman' and only one figure. Tried phoning Eaglemoss, surprisingly they don't have anyone in over the weekend. Might have to pick the Joker up from a newsagent if this is typical of getting through subscription .
    Del

Custom (paint) Guardian figure by JOHN BYRNE. He's holding off on fixing the helmet.

http://www.byrnerobotics.com/forum/f...D=18194&TPN=60

Byrne has a Heather Hudson figure in the works now.

I e-mailed Eaglemoss with my issues about the subscription package and heard sod all. I've decided I'm gonna collect from my newsagent and send my incomplete sub package back. I only subscribed for the one off statues and I'm sure they'll appear on ebay at some point.

I picked up the Joker yesterday and was again impressed, although I think I enjoy reading the accompanying (sp) mag more than the statues, lots of well written info.

As for customising statues like John Byrne and others do, not for me. Anything I tried would end up looking like the offspring of Bochs and Scramble.
    Del

Through the incredible generosity of another Byrne Forum member, I'm now the proud owner of the subscriber Batman piece.

That Batman figure was probably the only reason I subscribed. I'm gonna try and hunt down the figure on Ebay. I read on the JBF how you came about aquiring it, very generous person and congrats.
    Del