Quote Originally Posted by King Mungi
Quote Originally Posted by HappyCanuck
yeah, I know. I do apologise, Mungi. I was in a nitpicky mood when I wrote that. it wasn't meant to insult or imply anything.
No harm done then
Yeah, I apologize too for butting in. I was in an even nitpickier mood that night; no harm intended. We're all friends here. But while we're on the subject, please, anyone, feel free to point out anything questionable in my writing. I fancy myself a bit of a writer, so I honestly do appreciate when others chime in from time to time (I actually misspelled the word 'perhaps' for nearly a decade before someone was kind enough to point out my mistake)— I just also know that I used to piss a lot of people off by trying to correct their language mechanics and/or occasionally have a little snicker at their expense in both real life and discussion forums, because let's face it (as le Messor so eloquently phrased it): sometimes bad grammar's just plain funny...I think Happycanuck was both trying to be helpful and have a little snicker at the same time...again, I apologize for my slightly negative spin on it.

On another note, though indeed most people just want to relax and say their peace in a discussion forum without fear of repercussion for lax mechanics, The Alphanex, as has been discussed elsewhere, is a different matter entirely. We should strive to maintain as accurate and grammatically sound a database as possible. I will be endeavoring over the next month or so to edit/proofread at least one entry a day; I hope some of you (particularly those keen on nitpickery) will join me in the effort. Pherhaps we'll knock it all out in a month or two and have it gleamin' like Wild Child's incisors on Fried Chicken Day at the Golden Corral.

Live, love, laugh & be happy,
Smikes