Thread: Inane Subject of the Week. #1

Default Inane Subject of the Week. #1

Now I'm not sure where I read it, but I believe that the Hulk has a mega pair of lungs and he can breathe under water for a very long time. How? Heay have a big pair of lungs etc, but he has to provide oxygen to a vast body with powerful muscles. Surely his lungs would work like normal, having the capacity only to supply the body. I'm sure there's some perfectly good scientific theory which highlights what a complete load of bolloxs I'm talking, but I'm curious, as this seems like an anomaly to me.
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

Midicloreins?
    (Average person + Internet Forum + Anonymity = Screaming Douchebag)

"This is why I don't post often, *wink*"

Oh, so you had to go and make me have a quick google. Midiclorins, prolly not
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

Maybe his radiation absorption abilities give him an edge, he can use the energy and store it in ATP and thus doesn't need to have oxygen available as the final electron receptor in cellular respiration. Then, he don't need to eat either, right?
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.

He cant actually breathe under water. He can just hold his breath for a very very long time.
    You may say I'm a dreamer...but I'm not the only one.

Venom: I want to bite their heads off and shove my tongue down their neck holes.
    Songbird: Why?
    Venom: So I can lick out their hearts.

Quote Originally Posted by Dfense75
    He cant actually breathe under water. He can just hold his breath for a very very long time.
    In an early Avengers he is underwater for hours or possibly days, holding his breath (Stan Lee is not the greatest teller of stories the world has seen...). If we can accept the mass addition and loss with the transformations, the lack of parity between musculature and lifting ability, the pants staying on when shrinking from Hulk size down to Banner size and so on, then surely the lungs issue isn't really a great stretch...

His irradiated blood must be better at storing the oxygen in his blood stream, because, as said, he can't breathe underwater, just hold his breath for a very long time.
    www.kozzi.us

recent publications in M-Brane Science Fiction and the anthology Things We Are Not.
    Forthcoming stories in Breath and Shadow, Star Dreck anthology and The Aether Age: Helios.

~I woke up one morning finally seeing the world through a rose colored lense. It turned out to be a blood hemorrhage in my good eye.