Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Death of Alpha Flight closure?

I'm guessing that OF is part of the bigger plan, and will contain some of the closure we're all looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil
    I'm guessing that OF is part of the bigger plan, and will contain some of the closure we're all looking for.
    So do you think OF where planed before the events in New Avengers #16, or is it (at least partly) a result of the "uproar" among the fans over those events?

Rune

I don't think that the actual book itself OF and it's creative team were planned before the death as Oeming's said that it was the fan reaction to the deaths that got Marvel to hear/accept his pitch, but knowing what I know of Bendis and how he works I'm sure that a refreshed team/title was in his head as he wrote the scene, and he was planting the seeds for the possibility.

I'd like to see some colsure on this in Omega Flight. Especially if Talisman and Mac are on the team. If Heather were "severely damaged" it may give Mac some motivation to creat a new suit. I don't see Lou Sadler surviving and Zuzha probably bought it too. Can't say I'd miss either of them tremendously. Sasquatch and Puck I think will be back. They are still fan favorites. Puck in particular could work behind the scenes to collect intelligence on SHIELD. But it could also be Heather working behind the scenes. I fear Shaman has also taken the long walk. It would be interesting to see Talisman call on his spirit or for his spirit to "haunt" Talisman's dreams and offer her support from the spirit world. Kinda Obi Wan, Yoda, and Anakin Skywalker-like! Mentor from the grave.

Quote Originally Posted by Barnacle13
    I'd like to see some colsure on this in Omega Flight. Especially if Talisman and Mac are on the team. If Heather were "severely damaged" it may give Mac some motivation to creat a new suit. I don't see Lou Sadler surviving and Zuzha probably bought it too. Can't say I'd miss either of them tremendously. Sasquatch and Puck I think will be back. They are still fan favorites. Puck in particular could work behind the scenes to collect intelligence on SHIELD. But it could also be Heather working behind the scenes. I fear Shaman has also taken the long walk. It would be interesting to see Talisman call on his spirit or for his spirit to "haunt" Talisman's dreams and offer her support from the spirit world. Kinda Obi Wan, Yoda, and Anakin Skywalker-like! Mentor from the grave.
    Didn't Shaman do the same with his grandfather? He had his skull in a box in his closet. He used to talk to him from beyond, didn't he?

If Heather were "severely damaged" it may give Mac some motivation to creat a new suit.
    Hmm, I think the opposite. I reckon it'd make him pull out of the superhero game permenantly...

Quote Originally Posted by Canucklehead
    Didn't Shaman do the same with his grandfather? He had his skull in a box in his closet. He used to talk to him from beyond, didn't he?
    Sure did, so even if Shaman dies it might not be the last we see of him. He was one of the only main characters not with a severly messed up story.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil
    If Heather were "severely damaged" it may give Mac some motivation to creat a new suit.
    Hmm, I think the opposite. I reckon it'd make him pull out of the superhero game permenantly...
    Yeah I was thinking he might design a suit more for Heather's mobility if she were severely hurt or even to sustain her life. More bioengineering than hero engineering. That could lead to him bowing out of the superhero gig, which in my opinion wouldn't be so bad. I like Mac, but his past is way too messy.

Hey. Maybe after OF makes it debute, we will see either a one-shot or a reminscience in OF, in which we will get a more detailed picture of the events that went down in AF's encounter with the Collective.

Afterall, the guys at Marvel have gotten an earful about how utterly lame it was that AF died off-panel. I'm sure I'm not the only one that bought the issue of NA to see AF at least make a fight of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Canucklehead
    Hell, maybe he just depowered some of them. Didn't Mail Man like to absorb powers? Maybe "Sasquatch" is dead but Walter is alive.
    Wouldn't it be the other way around? Sasquatch (i.e. Tanaraq is one of the Great Beasts). I'm not sure if they can die, though manifestations of them in our physical reality can be destroyed.

Well according to the new MARVEL UNIVERSE HANDBOOK thingie - in Sas' entry ... it doesn't seem to write him off as dead... and wasn't he present for that battle? (As I don't collect NEW AVENGERS, because I hate the premise of it - I can't verify).

Maybe the Flight was killed off panel just incase a new series did spin from it, any new writer wouldn't be handcuffed to using certain characters, or not be able to use others. It may have looked cheap but at least it's open ended. Anyone of them could have survived and I'm actually glad it's up to Oeming to decide this then Bendis.

Quote Originally Posted by Tawmis
    Well according to the new MARVEL UNIVERSE HANDBOOK thingie - in Sas' entry ... it doesn't seem to write him off as dead... and wasn't he present for that battle? (As I don't collect NEW AVENGERS, because I hate the premise of it - I can't verify).
    Yep he was there

Hi,

i just read the collective TP of new avengers. And Alpha flight's off panel decimation took me by shock. Couldnt read the rest of that novel after that.

But now that i look at the omega flight picture. It just struck me that isnt that big mountainous ball of grass theyre sitting on just sasquatch?

That's probably wishful thinking.

Edit: Or very insightful.