Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: so if you could pick the creative team for the next series..

Default so if you could pick the creative team for the next series..

who would it be?

i say peter david with cassady drawing.

Me writing and McNiven on art.

Dana
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!

I'm definately on the Peter David wagon. I did love Clayton's art, so I'll go with PAD writing, Clayton Henry art.

Ben

just read your millar interview, and to have him writing the series would be incredible.

btw, anyone remember the creative team that did the xmen/alpha 2 issue series? the one with hydra?

they really seemed to capture the magic of the original team.

I would also quite enjoy having Mark Millar write AF. Every time I talk to him , I'm struck by the real respect he does seem to have for the team. I know many people called him many things when he "killed Northstar" but in retrospect, I'm sure people can now appreciate it.

Ben

New Recruit

I like Ed Benes as an artist. For a writer? Maybe Grant Morrison. A team that includes a demi-goddess, a Sasquatch, a dwarf, an Indian Mystic, and a guy who's died four(?) times is tailor made for Morrion.

I've been away from comics for some times but I do think Peter David would be a good choice as for a penciller, many are goods, but maybe Mario Alberti? He got a really nice drawing, I don't know if he can keep the american comic book publishing rythm, but I really like his style that can be liked by many AF fan and suite the book.

Look here for his drawing:

http://www.humano.com/catalogue/fich...ge=fiche_image
    Quand l'appétit va, tout va!
    -Obélix

Quote Originally Posted by varo
    just read your millar interview, and to have him writing the series would be incredible.

btw, anyone remember the creative team that did the xmen/alpha 2 issue series? the one with hydra?

I believe the creative team for the second AF/UXM mini was Ben Raab and John Cassady.
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

A guy can dream right...

Claremont/ Scripts
    Jim Lee/ Art

Quote Originally Posted by DelBubs
    Quote Originally Posted by varo

I believe the creative team for the second AF/UXM mini was Ben Raab and John Cassady.

well, thats who i would pick. they really seemed to get it with alpha flight.

Yeah, I was just about to note that I loved Cassaday's X-Men/Alpha Flight work... unlike some writers he now has some familiarity with them at least, so he would probably be one of, if not the one, top picks to do it... as I've expressed elsewhere, I'm awful fond of Joss, and since they have a good collaboration going on right now that'd make things all the smoother... if I had a dream team for Alpha Flight (at this moment), that would be it.
    The ability to defy death can be achieved...
    It is a state acquired through compassion not greed...

Like I said on the other thread, it would be nice to have some Canadian talent work on this like Ty Templeton or David Finch.

But there are many really good writers out there… Whedon or Heinberg are longshots… Fabian Nicieza and Dan Slott are always fun... I’ve always liked Paul Jenkins

Quote Originally Posted by Ben
    I would also quite enjoy having Mark Millar write AF. Every time I talk to him , I'm struck by the real respect he does seem to have for the team. I know many people called him many things when he "killed Northstar" but in retrospect, I'm sure people can now appreciate it.
    Actually, no. I liked Northstar as a teacher, especially once he was out of reach of Austen, and Millar's shock-value writing gets on my nerves, not to mention that the timing makes it look like a pair of writers whose work I do like got overridden for no substantial reason *except* to use Northstar in a psuedo-death designed to raise hackles. Sits wrong with me for a lot of the same reasons NA #16 does and then some.

As for dream creative team, I'd chime in for David on writing, except that I'd be afraid of Northstar becoming a redo of PAD's X-Factor era Quicksilver. Snarky speedster with sister issues? Ground already covered.

I'd actually like to see Alan Davis on art and writing duties. I swear, the man can actually write well and have fun when there's not someone from editorial standing on his neck.

*waves Excalibur #42 - 62 in the air*

Solid proof, I swear! My second and third choices on writing would be Dan Slott and Robert Kirkman.

Suzene

Quote Originally Posted by RatCat
    Like I said on the other thread, it would be nice to have some Canadian talent work on this like Ty Templeton or David Finch.

But there are many really good writers out there… Whedon or Heinberg are longshots… Fabian Nicieza and Dan Slott are always fun... I’ve always liked Paul Jenkins

I like the Peter David suggestion as writer. Wouldn't mind a Frank miller Dave Mazzucelli (sp? you know who I mean) story arc.
    I would sooner have Mantlo write in his present condition than have Fabian Nicieza on the book.
    Some quality Perez art would be cool.
    Ty Templeton if it were Alpha Flight the Animated Adventures. Duncan Roloeux (sp? again you know who I mean)
    Wouldn't snub my nose at some Bill Sienkiewicz covers either.Go nicely with the Frank Miller run.
    Jim Lee would be good to have back.
    James Hudnall would be cool.
    Steve Seagle again might be nice. Especially with a consistent art team.
    Brian Bolland covers would be awesome.
    Joss Whedon I'll second. Especially with Cassady art. He's improved so much since the X-Men/Alpha Flight mini and he's worked well with Whedon so far.

I could go on but I won't.

JC

Wohoo I finally made Alpha Flight.

Finch, Hitch, or Henry would be my first artist choices, though Lee would be awesome.

Writer? Man, who knows? Millar would be good, Vaughn, Weir and Fileppis (is that how one spells his name?), David, lots more. I'm not a Claremont or Slott fan, though.

If I had to pick one realistic team, besides me and... I'd go with Clayton Henry and, oh, Vaughn since who knows.
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.