Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I am proud to proclaim [b]I AM CANADIAN!![/b]

I don't believe in same-sex marriages, and it's not just because I don't like gays. You do realize that it explicitly states that as a Big (with a capital "B") no-no something like several times in the Bible, right? I'm not a Christian or Catholic but by allowing gays to marry in a Church instead of a court of law, they're going against the very book they're being married by. This IS worth pointing out. I don't know where Jesus was buried, but man, he must be turning over in his grave.
    Canada rules supreme.

Jesus ascended to heaven to sit at the right hand of the lord. Funny how you don't know what happened to our so called saviour after his death, but you can remember what the book says about homosexuality.

BTW : Burnt any books lately?
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

As you so amptly demonstrate, "Nogoodnamesleft," hypocrisy and bible thumping go hand in hand. You should try reading the entire list of "do not's" in the bible to get a feel for everything else that is outright archaic and narrow minded in the 21st Century.

Amazing how many people quote the Bible and forget the truest Gospel of Jesus: Love Everybody. If you can't do that, at least tolerate things that are none of your business anyway.
    www.kozzi.us

recent publications in M-Brane Science Fiction and the anthology Things We Are Not.
    Forthcoming stories in Breath and Shadow, Star Dreck anthology and The Aether Age: Helios.

~I woke up one morning finally seeing the world through a rose colored lense. It turned out to be a blood hemorrhage in my good eye.

For once, I'm going to take the high road and NOT participate in this argument...

( must... resist... urge... to.... kill....)
    Allan 'HappyCanuck' Crocker

"Hey... Philosophers love wisdom, not mankind."
    - Stephen Pastis, Pearls Before Swine

Quote Originally Posted by Nogoodnamesleft
    I don't believe in same-sex marriages, and it's not just because I don't like gays. You do realize that it explicitly states that as a Big (with a capital "B") no-no something like several times in the Bible, right? I'm not a Christian or Catholic but by allowing gays to marry in a Church instead of a court of law, they're going against the very book they're being married by. This IS worth pointing out. I don't know where Jesus was buried, but man, he must be turning over in his grave.
    You may not believe in a lot of things, but that doesn't mean they don't exist...And as far as christian beliefs go...Jesus was resurrected...so he's no longer buried. I love it when non-believers begin thumping their bibles.
    get a life, dude.

Dana

EDIT: I'm late to the party
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!