Page 28 of 31 FirstFirst ... 182425262728293031 LastLast

Thread: Introduce Yourself

Hybrid View

NAME: Donovan
    BIRTH DATE: Canada Day, 1975.
    INTERESTS: Comics, colouring, Winnipeg Jets!

BIO: Grew up in rural manitoba, and moved to Winnipeg for University in 93. Lived here ever since. I have a Bachelor of Fine Arts in Photography with a major in Graphic Design. I'm currently a website designer, and colour comic books in the evening. I've done colour separations for Marvel and DC (which is slightly different than being an actual colourist), and colour reconstruction jobs for the Marvel Masterworks line of hardcovers. I recently wrapped up a long run of colouring Dark Horse's Chronicles of Conan series. Never worked on Alpha Flight, but I'd like to!

Welcome Donovan!

A big welcome to Donovan and thank you everyone.

Welcome Donovan! Go Jets!
    Support Artists, Not Companies! Creator-owned comics are where the real art is at!

My new website! http://lifelessordinarywebnovel.com/home.html Follow my super-powered web-novel adventures, "Life Less Ordinary"!

Twitter (1) = @RealWyldeChild
    Twitter (2) = @lifewebnovel

FaceBook = https://www.facebook.com/realwylde.child or search for me at " Life Less-Ordinary "

Also 'occasionally' ranting Alpha Flight related stuff at http://canadas-own-the-flight.blogspot.com/

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Blue, with all that costuming experience tell me you've been making Alpha Flight cosplays!

~ Le Messor
    "It is always darkest before it goes totally black."
    ~ Sting

Quote Originally Posted by Le Messor View Post
    Blue, with all that costuming experience tell me you've been making Alpha Flight cosplays!
    *hides head in shame* I just finally, in the last two years, started on superheroes and supervillians (to date, bronze age Cat Woman, Black Cat, and the Wasp). The next costume on my list (literally) is Aurora's yellow and white costume, especially now that I'm an expert in coiling my hair up and hiding it under the Wasp's short wig!

I wouldn't mind making Snowbird and Talisman in the future though. I've got to get through the three I'm planning (Aurora and two others). And then, I can continue my quest to find someone to be Northstar so that I can make our pair costumes (the original ones). So many costumes, so few people to understand what they are!
    “There have been times, lately, when I dearly wished that I could change the past. Well, I can’t, but I can change the present, so that when it becomes the past it will turn out to be a past worth having.” Terry Pratchett, "I Shall Wear Midnight"

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Sypes View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueRoommate View Post
    Washington (state), Arizona, Georgia, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Afghanistan, Louisiana, and now I'm back to Washington
    Wow Blue, you've been all over Nothing like a life well travelled! Welcome
    Yeah, I've been to, like, two of those places. (Arizona and Pennsylvania).

bronze age Cat Woman, Black Cat, and the Wasp. The next costume on my list (literally) is Aurora's yellow and white costume
    I wouldn't mind making Snowbird and Talisman in the future though.
    You'll have to post pics. Is that the Catwoman with the green cape, or the one with the actual cat mask?

~ Le Messor
    "It is always the partner's fault."

Quote Originally Posted by Le Messor View Post

You'll have to post pics. Is that the Catwoman with the green cape, or the one with the actual cat mask?

~ Le Messor
    "It is always the partner's fault."
    Here's my Catwoman. Purple gown and mask, green cape.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	7381421_orig.jpg 
Views:	121 
Size:	213.6 KB 
ID:	2726

And for giggles, my Black Cat

Name:	9436082_orig.jpg 
Views:	116 
Size:	107.4 KB 
ID:	2727
    “There have been times, lately, when I dearly wished that I could change the past. Well, I can’t, but I can change the present, so that when it becomes the past it will turn out to be a past worth having.” Terry Pratchett, "I Shall Wear Midnight"

Amazing! Can I borrow that Black Cat costume for tomorrow night???? ;p

Images

Quote Originally Posted by DIGGER View Post
    Then what do you call 1970???
    Nothing. I just run and hide until it goes away.

Great work there.
    That *is* one of the Catwoman costumes I meant!
    Are the models you?

~ Le Messor
    "I feel a little insane, I feel a little dazed"
    ~ Skyhooks, Living In The 70's (NP)

Amazing! Those look GREAT!
    Support Artists, Not Companies! Creator-owned comics are where the real art is at!

My new website! http://lifelessordinarywebnovel.com/home.html Follow my super-powered web-novel adventures, "Life Less Ordinary"!

FaceBook = https://www.facebook.com/realwylde.child or search for me at " Life Less-Ordinary "

Also 'occasionally' ranting Alpha Flight related stuff at http://canadas-own-the-flight.blogspot.com/

Hi Everyone,

I've just found this site after getting interested in my old comic books again. I have most of the first 62 issues of Alpha Flight and the first two annuals. I also have the Cat's-Paw Marvel Role Playing module. The first time I saw members of Alpha Flight were in the old Dragon magazine. I've included a pic below since I noticed the article wasn't in the TSR RPG thread.

If anyone would like to see the rest of the article I can post it here. My humble abode is in Connecticut. As far as other interests. I collect Star Wars action figure prototypes, Led Zeppelin memorabilia, and own a restored Plymouth E Body 'Cuda Barracuda.

Robert
    www.behindthetoys.com
    Last edited by Sems Fir; 11-12-2012 at 09:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sems Fir View Post
    If anyone would like to see the rest of the article I can post it here.
    I'd be very interested in seeing the rest of the article if you can post it. I've heard of the Cat's Paws RPG before, but still don't know much about it.

P.S. - Great pic of Guardian & Box.
    The Flight Forever !

Hey Robert, welcome to alphaflight.net! That image you posted is from an article by Jeff Grubb, who also wrote the Cat's Paw module, published in Dragon Magazine #97 (May 1985). The article is in a series of "Marvel-Phile" entries which contain additional character info to supplement the MSHRPG from TSR. That issue has character info for Talisman (Elizabeth), Box (Roger) and Guardian (Mac). It's a three-page article with a preceding fourth page featuring a full-page splash of Talisman from the cover of Alpha Flight #19 (with Heather, Shaman, Puck and Snowbird in the background) as the main illustration for the sci-fi gaming section of the magazine. A smaller b/w thumbnailed inset in the section describes the splash page and credits John Byrne for the art.

According to the text of the character bios and the May 1985 cover date, that issue was contemporaneous with Alpha Flight #23 or so. Wow, another long-time fan joins us!

I hope you didn't actually rip out that page, Robert! Your scan looks nice and clean but the left edge looks quite jagged and the right-side hole punches are puzzling because that's a right hand page, unless someone made loose-leaf bound books of the Marvel-Phile pages and arranged it that way. I too have very high quality scans of those pages if anyone is interested. I also have a text version of the article for some reason.

Check out Dragon magazines #106, #107, #176 and #181 for additional Marvel-Phile columns with more Alpha Flight characters and updates. They're fairly hard to find with covers in good condition but the paper quality from back then was very high and over time they have held up great, so even if you get a somewhat beat-up copy your interior pages should still look terrific.

Welcome again to the boards!

Love,
    rplass
    Are you an Alpha Flight Collector?

http://alphaflightcollector.wordpress.com

Welcome Robert!

own a restored Plymouth E Body 'Cuda Barracuda
    And I'd like to see THAT!