Thread: Alpha Flight Beat em Up Game

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by msduvert08 View Post
    Hi Everyone! Happy New Year! I just wanted to share an update to my Alpha Flight Demo. I added a level showcasing Alpha Flights very first mission. Alpha Flight will take on the X-men in an effort to bring Wolverine back to Canada. The game can be played on your pc through a browser or through your cell phone. My eight year old son tested it today on my android phone and said he had a blast playing the new level. Please let me know what you think. If you spot any glitchest please don't hesitate to let me know. Thank you again and I hope everyone has a good start to 2024. Have fun! Here is a link to the game. https://msduvert08.github.io/emulatorjs/
    Honestly, you've done so much awesome here. I just ran through the Wolverine story - and I like how once you do it - that's the end of that story!

One small glitch - when I got to where Cyclops and Wolverine were - the name for Cyclops (I assume) had several letters over it.

Also, I noticed (for example if you're in the upper left) - the info bar is IN FRONT of the character, so you can't see what's going on, rather than the character being in front of that (should be background, I feel like).

But really. I freaking love it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tawmis View Post
    Honestly, you've done so much awesome here. I just ran through the Wolverine story - and I like how once you do it - that's the end of that story!

One small glitch - when I got to where Cyclops and Wolverine were - the name for Cyclops (I assume) had several letters over it.

Also, I noticed (for example if you're in the upper left) - the info bar is IN FRONT of the character, so you can't see what's going on, rather than the character being in front of that (should be background, I feel like).

But really. I freaking love it.
    Thank you very much for the feedback. I really appreciate it. I have been meaning to fix the things you pointed out. I have been a little distracted. I have been working on creating three new levels. I forgot how much work it is to develop levels and characters. I will hopefully have time to release another new level on the demo. The full game is unfortunately too large and I have to do more research before I am able to release the full game. Thank you very much for checking out the game. I am hoping once it has been completed more people will have a chance to discover how great Alpha Flight is as a team. Enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by msduvert08 View Post
    Thank you very much for the feedback. I really appreciate it. I have been meaning to fix the things you pointed out. I have been a little distracted. I have been working on creating three new levels. I forgot how much work it is to develop levels and characters. I will hopefully have time to release another new level on the demo. The full game is unfortunately too large and I have to do more research before I am able to release the full game. Thank you very much for checking out the game. I am hoping once it has been completed more people will have a chance to discover how great Alpha Flight is as a team. Enjoy!
    I wanna be clear, the things I pointed out are trivial. Because the game is absolutely a blast. And very, very, thankful for what you've made here.
    I think the others on here should be checking this out, for sure!

One thing that would be really cool (when you're all done) is if there was a way to make this an executable so it can just be played without the browser (but that may not be possible and just a pipe dream hahaha).

Again, thank you so much for making this! Clearly a work of passion!

Quote Originally Posted by Tawmis View Post
    I wanna be clear, the things I pointed out are trivial. Because the game is absolutely a blast. And very, very, thankful for what you've made here.
    I think the others on here should be checking this out, for sure!

One thing that would be really cool (when you're all done) is if there was a way to make this an executable so it can just be played without the browser (but that may not be possible and just a pipe dream hahaha).

Again, thank you so much for making this! Clearly a work of passion!
    The game is currently an executable file that can be played on a local pc. I currently have 16 levels. I have a lot of clean up work to do but will definitely share a link to the downloadable game. There are other Marvel Beat m' Up games that are available for download as well. Here is a link to one if you are every intereted in trying it out. https://gamejolt.com/games/marvel-infinity-war/201435