Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Definite Mentions

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

In Marvel Masterworks: Spectacular Spider-Man v2 (reprinted in Spectacular Spider-Man Omnibus v1), there's a text-piece by Marc Guggenheim talking about Bill Mantlo. It includes:
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Guggenheim
    In his long tenure, Bill Mantlo's writing touched every corner of the Marvel Universe. He wrote everything from the icons(…) to the B-listers (Alpha Flight…)

Images

This video has a section on Wolverine, which includes a page from Uncanny #109.

Images

This:
    https://sfdebris.com/videos/special/...invasion04.php
    and earlier discussions in the series talk about The Immortal Hulk*, and includes some imagery of Snowbird from that book. This one mentions her by name, and also Alpha Flight.

And this one:
    http://atopthefourthwall.com/the-imm...-hulk-in-hell/
    Talks about Puck and mentions Sasquatch.

* 3 months later: I haven't rewatched the video, but I'm pretty sure I meant The Incredible Hercules here, not The Immortal Hulk.
    Last edited by Le Messor; 01-13-2024 at 03:34 PM.

Images

This video:
    https://sfdebris.com/videos/special/fhtit1.php
    talks about Her, and mentions at one point that Her's next appearance (after whatever appearance the video just mentioned) was not until Alpha Flight's 100th issue.

Images

On the letters page in X-Men: The Hidden Years #21, a letter-writer asks (in reference to Cyclops and Havok) :
    "Are all mutant siblings immune to one another's power?"
    The answer includes:
    "There are even examples of siblings who share their powers for greater effect Northstar and Aurora or Andrea and Andreas Strucker"

Images

The Outsiders #15 (Jan 1987) letters page:

"The back-up stories continue to be winners. "All About Halo's Auras" was informative, and John Byrne gave us a perky Halo. However, I have to admit his art is not as good as Jim Aparo's. John gets an "A" to Jim's A++." (Yeah, but the shoe might be on the other foot if you saw Jim's version of Alpha Flight.)"

(the letter is by Bob Daniels of Albany, NY; the comment in italics is Mike W. Barr's comeback, inserted into the letter as shown.)

On the subject of The Outsiders, GeoForce has basically Guardian's powers. After #13, that includes his 'stopping and letting the world spin beneath him' trick.
    Last edited by Le Messor; 11-25-2023 at 04:13 PM.

Images

Incredible Hulk #393 is an anniversary issue (an actual anniversary, for once!), and contains a long text piece basically about Hulk's life history (as if written by Doc Samson).
    Walter Langkowski is namedropped a couple of times, and a panel of AF (from Sas's origin) is reprinted.
    My copy is in The Incredible Hulk by Peter David omnibus, the mentions of Walt one pages 743 and 746.
    Last edited by Le Messor; 01-14-2024 at 02:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Le Messor View Post
    Incredible Hulk #393 is an anniversary issue (an actual anniversary, for once!), and contains a long text piece basically about Hulk's life history (as if written by Doc Samson).
    Walter Langkowski is namedropped a couple of times, and a panel of AF (from Sas's origin) is reprinted.
    My copy is in The Incredible Hulk by Peter David omnibus, the mentions of Walt one pages 743 and 746.
    That's a sweet little cameo in a very big book! That panel is reprinted from Alpha Flight v1 #11. You've got sharp eagle eyes to find that one!
    Are you an Alpha Flight Collector?

http://alphaflightcollector.wordpress.com

Images

Thanks, but it wasn't hard - I just had to read it.

Images

This doesn't really count, but I wanted to ping it here:
    Ben 10

Two of the people he mentioned have worked on Alpha Flight, and I don't think it's a coincidence they worked on other things together.

Images

This series is probably going to lead to much bigger mentions, but for now, SF Debris is doing an article about Immortal Hulk.
    In the first essay, there's only one 'mention' - we see the cover of Incredible Hulk #279 at about 7:50.