Poll: Would Alpha Flight succeed as a Movie or TV Show?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Alpha Flight TV Show/Movie?

Hybrid View

Tawmis - I also agree with wanting to see it on Netflix.

Yankee - Thank you so much for the detailed Season 1 breakdown! If a producer/writer were to see this ... you just made their job A LOT easier.

Legerd - An animated series wouldn't be a bad idea either. I also agree that it wouldn't be cost effective with all the CGI work that would need to be used. If it was made into an actual live action show I would think they'd do an XMEN Beast type of make up with Sasquatch. Having a 10 foot hairy Hulk would just cost too much. The Flash was able to get away with it 3 different times I believe (2 with the Gorilla and once with the Shark).

Le Messor - The origin story seems pretty dark to me (Guardian being deceived, Pucks encounter with Black Blade of Raazer, Aurora's mental health). While the entire story may not fit into the Netflix bubble , I do like the idea of seeing it develop in that dark and semi real life world they've created. The fight scenes they've been choreographing on Daredevil have been quite amazing.

I do remember some kind of reference to AF in an XM movie but I am not sure which one. Outside of the movies, the last AF reference I heard was in Agents of SHIELD season 1 in regards to Dept H.
    “God made only one of each of us. It's up to us to make the most of our individuality.” Kevin Max

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

The origins aren't Netflix dark. And we don't speak of Raazer.

~ Le Messor
    "First say to yourself what you would be; and then do what you have to."
    ~ Epictetus

The Erie Canal Warrior Alpha Flight

I'm torn on liking or disliking the raazer aspect of pucks character. I loved how it served as the point where Judd "transformed" from the somewhat self-centered and morally ambiguous mercenary into a hero. and I loved the internal debate this caused puck later when he was feeling inadequate in terms of his feelings for heather. I do wish though that raazer wasn't the reason Puck is a dwarf, I feel he should have just been a dwarf naturally, especially since Byrnes dialogue repeatedly states that to be the case
    "like Warren Moon before he defected, a perfect spiral!" - Eugene Judd

Which AF member would be the most likely to have a solo tv show?

I am going to say Puck. with cameos from other members along the way and on the last show of the season, he runs into his daughter.
    “God made only one of each of us. It's up to us to make the most of our individuality.” Kevin Max

I like the Raazer aspect, just not the fact that Judd was once tall.
    Had Raazer just taken him over and caused him to age slower/be cursed with immortality I'd have been fine with it.

This is just MY opinion.

I'm seriously getting so into this! Has anyone seen the Mortal Kombat: Legacy series (Just part 1) on youtube? I'll provide a link(s) after my comment.

The reason I'm mentioning this is because as of right now it seems that an Alpha Flight show would be suited best (Netflix OR Animated). Hoping to see it taken seriously, and in live action, I can't think of a better way of wanting to see the AF origins told than in this similar fashion. Of course as many mentioned before, it wouldn't be ideal to have it stay this dark as they ARE supposed to be REAL super heroes. Avenger type heroes. Maybe a well done online series can spark interest towards the right people.

Mortal Kombat (Each episode is roughly 12 minutes long)

Episode 1 - Jax, Sonya and Kano (Part 1)
    Episode 2 - Jax, Sonya and Kano (Part 2)
    Episode 3 - Johnny Cage
    Episode 4 - Kitana and Mileena (Part 1)
    Episode 5 - Kitana and Mileena (Part 2)
    Episode 6 - Raiden
    Episode 7 - Subzero and Scorpion (Part 1)
    Episode 8 - Subzero and Scorpion (Part 2)
    Episode 9 - Cyrax and Sector

If you dont want to watch it then just check out the trailer . Same effect.

TRAILER <---
    Last edited by hydro; 03-29-2016 at 04:27 PM.

MK:Legacy was been a good series. MK:Legacy II is okay.

Quote Originally Posted by Mekko Hotvle View Post
    MK:Legacy was been a good series. MK:Legacy II is okay.
    Yes, Legacy was amazing. I thought Legacy 2 was horrible though. I didn't even think it was worth delivering the way they did.

What if Crackle, which if I read correctly is part of Sony, was to do a AF show/movie deal. Grant it, they do reruns of old shows but they do have original content on there was as well. They have Supermansion, an animation show of off the wall superheros (don't let your kids watch) and The Throwaways, which is basically like The Losers. I would still like to see a Puck/Puck II miniseries. I would also suggest doing anther father/daughter type show with Shaman and Elizabeth, as compared to a Puck/Puck II show, Shaman/Elizabeth would be the more serious with the tone of I hate my father/ What more can I do to get her to love me reconcile kind of show.

Does anyone know which AF characters Fox may own the rights to through X-men and maybe Wolverine?

Quote Originally Posted by hydro View Post
    Does anyone know which AF characters Fox may own the rights to through X-men and maybe Wolverine?
    Nope.
    We won't know, till we see it.

Slow News day....so I read and article saying that Kevin Smith, yes that Kevin Smith who wrote and directed Clerks and other small cult-following films, is interested in directing an episode or two of either Dare Devil and/or The Defenders. I saying that, he appears to be a big fan of Canada, so that builds up to this: How would you feel if Kevin Smith was to write and direct an Alpha Flight tv show or movie? I think this has been asked before but just rehashing the topic.

I think the easiest would be to make Alpha Flight into an animated series... at first. That way, it introduces the characters to a new market and allows their popularity to grow. Following that, introduce them as "side attractions" to either a Wolverine / X-men movie or maybe the next Deadpool one (he is Canadian after all). If the characters poll well with the public, do a spin off on Netflix.

It's the easier way and most likely the cheapest way to take it one step at the time.

Does anyone remember seeing an Alpha Flight screen saver on Peter Dinklage's laptop in X Men: Days of Future Past?