Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: What If...?

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Garry/Al-Fan View Post
    I didn't know there was another character named "Equinox" other than the Marvel one.
    Who is the Marvel one?
    (But I should warn you, if they're Alpha-Related, I'm gonna be most embarrassed.)

Quote Originally Posted by Garry/Al-Fan View Post
    I find Alpha Flight volume 1 #s 1 through 28 to be more memorable than a lot of the other, more celebrated work. ...the amount of effort put into the plausibility of the characterizations, motivations, and plot: some creators put some thought and effort into the plausibility, some did not.
    I find Byrne's work on AF and X-Men to feel far more real to me than anybody's work on the titles before or since. (Okay, there's no 'before' on AF.) It's more fun and natural than... well, most other comics period. Than any of the new age of 'realism' we've got to deal with, than any of that dark garbage that people rave about so much.

Uh... That isn't to say I think everything he's ever done is great, or that he's the only one doing any good work out there. I've enjoyed a lot of other things, a lot of them more than his X-Men, some of them almost as much as his Alpha.

~ Le Messor
    "Discipline is the soul of an army. It makes small numbers formidable; procures success to the weak, and esteem to all."
    ~ George Washington, letter of instruction to the Virginia Regiments

Here is a link to the bio for Equinox - Marvel Comics:

http://www.comicvine.com/equinox/4005-42854/

Here is a link to the bio for Equinox - DC Comics:

http://www.comicvine.com/equinox/4005-100121/
    The Flight Forever !

Quote Originally Posted by Le Messor View Post
    I find Byrne's work on AF and X-Men to feel far more real to me than anybody's work on the titles before or since. (Okay, there's no 'before' on AF.) It's more fun and natural than... well, most other comics period. Than any of the new age of 'realism' we've got to deal with, than any of that dark garbage that people rave about so much.
    I thought I was the only one who felt this way. Back in the early 2000's it was particularly annoying whenever I wished the writing of the 70's and 80's would return to have posters suggest kiddie comics may be more my speed, only to then have them swoon over supposed "mature" comics that read like teen fanfic. Having swearing and sex in a book may make it mature reading, but not necessarily mature writing.
    Byrne (and a few other writers of the time), however, was able to present stories that conformed to the comics code, but still included adult situations that dealt with sensitive, deep topics. They were good reading that conveyed complex ideas that weren't dumbed down to make it past the code. In fact the code forced the writers to up their game in my opinion.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Alphan East View Post
    Here is a link to the bio for Equinox - Marvel Comics and - DC Comics
    Thanks! Marvel has a bit of a Frankie Raye thing going; DC is kinda Wasp-ish.
    Quote Originally Posted by Legerd View Post
    I thought I was the only one who felt this way. Back in the early 2000's it was particularly annoying whenever I wished the writing of the 70's and 80's would return...
    I think we're in a small but growing minority. I do prefer comics under the Code. These days, I keep reading writers who want to make the world more cynical, meaner, and nastier. If I got to speak to them, I'd say 'Congratulations! As far as I'm concerned, it's working. Every time I hear your name, I get cynical, mean, and nasty.'
    ~ Le Messor
    "Do first what you dread the most."
    ~ Joel Freeman

The Old Fan Alpha Flight

Quote Originally Posted by Alphan East View Post
    Here is a link to the bio for Equinox - Marvel Comics:

http://www.comicvine.com/equinox/4005-42854/

Wow. They killed off Margay Sorenson (Terry's mom), had a Skrull duplicate of Terry/Equinox, and made no mention of his daughter, Janet. G/A-F

Here is a link to the bio for Equinox - DC Comics:

http://www.comicvine.com/equinox/4005-100121/
    DC's "Equinox" looks interesting, from this excerpt.

Quote Originally Posted by Le Messor View Post
    These days, I keep reading writers who want to make the world more cynical, meaner, and nastier. If I got to speak to them, I'd say 'Congratulations! As far as I'm concerned, it's working. Every time I hear your name, I get cynical, mean, and nasty.'
    Ha, love it! There are a few writers I'd say that to.

What if!?!?....Puck was Weapon X?

What if!?!?....Aurora became Phoenix?
    “God made only one of each of us. It's up to us to make the most of our individuality.” Kevin Max

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Mekko Hotvle View Post
    Good one, eh?

What if!?!?....Puck was Weapon X?
    If we were to accept the Razer story - I could see that when they subjected Puck to the process of adamantium, that Razer would break free and decimate everyone - and Puck would regain conscious, an older man, now with adamantium, on a quest to find and recapture Razer...

I could see this. Especially with Aurora's frequently fractured mental state; it'd fit - because I believe it helped break Jean's own mental state (between that, and the manipulation by Mastermind).

What if?!?!? James Hudson was the an undercover Hydra agent wearing Captain American uniform?
    “God made only one of each of us. It's up to us to make the most of our individuality.” Kevin Max

What if?!?! Puck was an Hydra agent? Hail Hydra Eh!!

What if?!?!? James Hudson was the an undercover Hydra agent wearing Captain American uniform?
    Would just be one more retcon that James would have to eventually go through. As if he's not been through enough.

What if Hudson was never killer in issue 12 and stayed in NY?

What if Hudson had stayed with the government and developed his suite for the Military?

Quote Originally Posted by Human Fly View Post
    What if Hudson was never killer in issue 12 and stayed in NY?
    Then Heather would have never became Vindicator.

And that would have been a wonderful thing (for me, anyway).