Thanks for your insight Le Messor! Here are my thoughts if I may:
1. You make a good point of Alpha Flight being recognizable because of them being a Marvel comic. Nonetheless, I have enjoyed getting to know the DC characters other than the main ones (though I've enjoyed getting to know them too) and getting to know the independents. I was born and raised in the U.S., so it made access to the comics much easier (not trying to rub it in, just stating a fact). It's fun to think about Alpha Flight meeting up with the DC characters (and the ones they have acquired over the years). How would they deal with the Justice League (especially sing Aurora and Northstar battling the Flash!), or the fighting Captain Marvel/Shazam (Shaman's magic against Earth's Mightiest Mortal), or dealing with Booster Gold and the 2nd Blue Beetle, etc. Fun to think about. Also fun thinking about them with Marvel teams they don't usually meet, like Power Pack (another favorite of mine).
2. Good points about Heather never meeting Michael and Narya, though I wonder if somehow they wouldn't have found out about each other later in life (though would this be in time to help save the world?). I also think about Elizabeth staying with Heather and her family. Where would she have gone? Again, all fun to think about.
3. I know politics are a touchy subject, so my apologies. However, as an American, I feel this need to know more about the world because so many Americans don't know, especially about Canada! I'll think about the PMs and maybe come up with a list of possible appropriate superpowers they may have had based on their time in office. Okay, thanks again! I'm really enjoying being a part of this website community. I'm sorry I didn't join sooner!