Thread: New Warriors Chronology

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Default New Warriors Chronology

There are people on this forum who are also on a New Warriors forum... so, I thought I'd check into something.

I recently decided to re-read New Warriors volume 1, and I noticed I'd messed up. I've kept Captain America: The Drug Wars, Web... 75, Avengers 332-333 (minor, but still an appearance - though future member Rage is heavily featured), FF 356, and the Kings Of Pain annuals all between New Warriors 13 and 14.

The trouble I've run into is, that doesn't make sense. In some of those, Nita has her shorter hair; in others, Nova has his original costume.
    The worst is the Kings Of Pain annuals - in the NW annual, Sil is wearing her unstable molecules costume; but in the later X-Men annual, she isn't. (And if you know how I figured that out, you know she really isn't.) That one contradicts itself, but I take the New Warriors annual as definitive.

So, where's a better place for all these? Is there any way to make sense of it? It's been a long time since I've read them all, so I can't remember when all these things happened - I can see from the cover / memory that Nita's haircut is #14, and Nova's wearing his old costume on the cover to #15... I've just finished the Kings Of Pain annuals, and haven't read those issues yet.

Little help?

~ Le Messor
    "Age is not important unless you're a cheese."
    ~ Helen Hayes

Wish there was a way to tag people in posts - had I seen this two weeks ago, I'd STRONGLY suggest Corey's website:

https://newwarriors.wordpress.com/

Some of which you mentioned, is going to be simple artist error and not doing the research. (Like the Kings of Pain annual).

Images

Thanks, Tawmis!

I haven't even been able to figure out when Silhouette got her unstable molecules costume.
    (I must've read it on my latest re-read, but missed it somehow.)

~ Le Messor
    "The biggest mistake one can often make in life is to be constantly fearing they will make one."
    ~ E.S.F.

Images

Just to make things harder, according to the footnotes, issue #32 takes place after Dr Strange #50, but #34 takes place before that same issue.

I want to assume that's a typo, but this is comics and I haven't read Dr Strange #50. It wouldn't totally shock me to learn there was some sort of wibbly-wobbly timey-wimey ball inside the issue that made that possible.

Does #34 take place after #33 and before #35 though?

Images

'fraid not - it's a pretty straight run of #32-34, then an annual (all one story).