PDA

View Full Version : Alpha Flight #1 Signing in NYC

Phil
05-02-2011, 07:43 AM
http://blog.midtowncomics.com/alpha-flight-1-signing-greg-pak-fred-van-lente-phil-jimenez-mark-paniccia/3090/
(http://blog.midtowncomics.com/alpha-flight-1-signing-greg-pak-fred-van-lente-phil-jimenez-mark-paniccia/3090/)
Greg Pak, Fred Van Lente, Phil Jimenez & Mark Paniccia

Jun 9, 2011 (5:00pm - 6:30pm)
Midtown Comics Downtown
64 Fulton St., New York, New York, United States

Anyone in the area care to be our roving reporter and cover the event for us?

Flightpath07
05-02-2011, 12:30 PM
Seems a shame they aren't doing this in Canada. 'Though maybe that'll come later.

Ben
05-02-2011, 12:45 PM
Anyone in NY willing to pick get me a signed copy? ;)

rplass
05-03-2011, 12:05 PM
Oh,neato, a signing at Midtown Downtown! I ought to be able to go. I'll bring my crack team of investigative reporters to cover the event! Well, maybe just one reporter and a camera. I've been to that shop before so hopefully I can find it again.

Legerd
05-03-2011, 02:13 PM
Seems a shame they aren't doing this in Canada. 'Though maybe that'll come later.
To be honest, I'm glad they're talking about AF and doing events like this in the States. When they just do it in Canada, it gives the impression that no one south of the border cares about the book. Besides, I'm sure they'll have signings up here as well.

Le Messor
05-05-2011, 05:39 AM
Oh,neato, a signing at Midtown Downtown! I ought to be able to go. I'll bring my crack team of investigative reporters to cover the event! Well, maybe just one reporter and a camera. I've been to that shop before so hopefully I can find it again.

Ah, so you're in New York? I've been wondering.
Is that where they park the Enterprise these days?

- Le Messor
"I’d love to, but I have to floss my cat."

Flightpath07
05-05-2011, 11:46 AM
Ah, so you're in New York? I've been wondering.
Is that where they park the Enterprise these days?

- Le Messor

I thought it was in Shatner's garage. Or his toupee.

DelBubs
05-05-2011, 12:55 PM
I thought it was in Shatner's garage. Or his toupee.
It's up his trunk.

Phil
05-13-2011, 05:46 AM

Cool.
I've spoken to Midtown and they're happy for you to take photos and for us to publish them.
If when you arrive, you ask for the Marketing & Events Coordinator 'Thor Parker' (I'm honestly not making that up, I can forward you the e-mail if you want.), let him know I sent you on behalf of AF.net and he says he'll make sure you get some good shots and access.
Obviously make sure you get whatever you want signed as your first priority. I wouldn't want you to miss out for us.

Le Messor
05-13-2011, 05:00 PM
'Thor Parker' (I'm honestly not making that up...)

No, but it's entirely possible he (I presume, from the name) did. A guy who used to work for a CD / Comics store I used to go to (it closed down years ago, and then reopened as just a comic store I still go to:
was named 'Lucy'; short for 'Lucifer'. That's not what his parents named him.

Or, maybe 'Thor Parker' is the guy's birth name. I don't know.

- Le Messor
"THE FOUR STAGES OF LIFE:
You believe in Santa Claus.
You don't believe in Santa Claus.
You are Santa Claus.
You look like Santa Claus."

Ben
05-15-2011, 10:42 AM
Cool.
I've spoken to Midtown and they're happy for you to take photos and for us to publish them.
If when you arrive, you ask for the Marketing & Events Coordinator 'Thor Parker' (I'm honestly not making that up, I can forward you the e-mail if you want.), let him know I sent you on behalf of AF.net and he says he'll make sure you get some good shots and access.
Obviously make sure you get whatever you want signed as your first priority. I wouldn't want you to miss out for us.

MMMMWwwwwwwahahahahahaha THE POWER!!!! er...sorry, I knew I shouldn't have taken one of those "Fear its self" hammers...

Flightpath07
05-15-2011, 01:44 PM
I knew I shouldn't have taken one of those "Fear its self" hammers...

Darn it! Now all of PEI will shake in terror!

Phil
05-24-2011, 06:18 AM
Rob (& anyone else):

Signing has now changed date to June 18th, 2pm-3pm

http://blog.midtowncomics.com/category/calendar/#3090
http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=203813359659559

rplass
05-24-2011, 08:00 AM
OK gee thanks for the note, I might have shown up on the wrong day! Moving it to a weekend afternoon is a BIG BIG deal actually, and it makes it a hell of a lot easier for me to go!

I love the tweet on the site:

Date for #AlphaFlight @MidtownComics w/me, @GregPak & @Philjimeneznyc has changed to 2pm Sat June 18. Be there, or you hate Canada.

rplass
05-24-2011, 10:40 PM
Ah, the reason for the change of the signing date is obvious now. Alpha Flight #1 is pushed out a week. Now released on 6/15, not 6/8

Scroll down to the Marvel Comics section at Diamond. (http://previewsworld.com/public/default.asp?t=2&m=1&c=6&s=451)

So we'll have to wait one more week.

Phil
06-17-2011, 08:46 AM
Just a reminder for anyone in NYC that this is tomorrow folks!